Counterpart’s point of view
Marketing is more complex than ever. Heck, the world is more complex than ever. Nobody has time for a message that’s vain, vague, dull, and undisciplined. Yet that’s what most communication is. It’s a real shame. Because getting your message right could have the biggest impact on your success.
Our vision is to be the Message Strategy Experts®. We believe a vision should
be attainable, and our clients believe we’ve already attained it. As evidenced below.
“What does Counterpart do best?”
(From a December 2019 survey by an
independent third party.)
We help you create customer-centric communication
that’s clear, compelling, and controlled.
Counterpart’s core values
Counterpart’s culture: Top ten fun facts
- We’re transparent. Like seriously. We don’t have unexplained tardies or mysterious absences; instead we come out say, “My child had an epic meltdown this morning” or “I spilled beer on my laptop.” (True stories.) Our Keep It Real core value is how we build trust and share our lives with each other.
- We’re headquartered in a 109-year-old three-story home in midtown Memphis. Due to several eerie experiences, a number of employees believe our house is haunted. Maybe it is!
- We’re closed on Christmas Eve, and we stay closed until January 2. It’s a paid vacation for our employees and does not count against PTO.
- Our brand color palette was designed to change every few years. To date, we’ve had 27 different colors.
- Every year since 2005, we’ve custom-designed a set of personalized stationery, as a Christmas gift to our active clients. They tell us every year, “Best agency gift ever!”
- We share praise from clients constantly. We praise each other publicly and often. We praise a lot. It’s a big part of our Think Positive culture.
- Every year since 2003, we’ve thrown a summer party, honoring another year in business. It’s called — wait for it — Counterparty.
- Every Halloween, we commission an illustration of zombies, created by a different artist each year. These adorable, ravenous undead laud our people as the “best brains in town.”
- Our workweek starts with a Monday Meme™. We co-opt popular images, using them in fun ways to keep our strategic plan top-of-mind.
- We invented Meeting-Free Friday™. It’s been official company policy since 2014. And in practice for years before that.